Why am I being asked by Trailforks to upgrade to Premium to see Terrace trails?
- Trailforks now offers a paid Premium service. Non-premium users are allowed to choose one area for free, and any trails outside of that area can only be accessed by paying an annual fee. If you have recently moved to Terrace and want to update your area, follow the instructions at the following link.
**Trailforks is still free for anyone to use from their desktop. The annual service fee only applies to the App.
How do I see the Badges I can earn in Trailforks?
- Badges may not be visible yet but will be in play for the first of June - they can be found on your Trailforks App under the menu options > Badges and Contests (Terrace Region)
- IMPORTANT: If you go to your Trailforks App on your phone, and DON'T see all of the TORCA 30-Day Challenge Badges, you need to update your app. In the Trailforks App: 1. go to "settings" 2. "downloaded regions" 3 - tap to refresh the "British Columbia" region.
Why didn't I earn a badge?
If you rode a trail but it's not appearing in your ridelog, there could be a few different reasons you didn't earn a badge:
- At least 80% of your gps track has to match Trailforks (within a 30m tolerance). Your start and end points also have to match trailforks. If you only rode part of a trail, it doesn't count and won't be picked up.
- If your phone died, went into battery saving mode, or your Strava glitched out and shut down, you also won't earn the badge.
- Click on ridelog and select the ride missing the badge.
- Click on scroll bar in the top right corner and select edit.
- At the bottom of the list of trails on your ridelog, go to the "add trail" and search for the trail missing from your ridelog. Find trail and click on it to add.
- Click on submit to save.
- Click on rescan for badges which could take a few seconds.
- The BADGE should now be awarded. If not, you may need to log out and reset.
Why isn't a trail appearing when I search?
- If you are trying to add a trail to the ridelog and you can't find it using the trail name, you can enter the trail ID in the search bar.
- To find the trail id #, go to the main page for the trail in question and look in the bottom right-hand corner. You will see a # just below the trail contributor's name.
Should I use Strava or Trailforks to record my rides?
- Based on the 2020 challenge, we recommend you use Strava rather than Trailforks to record your rides. We found Strava to be more accurate in picking up the Trailforks badges.
- Follow this link to find out how to link your Strava account with Trailforks.
Can I still participate if the challenge already started?
- Absolutely! In fact, no matter when you register all logged rides between June 1st and June 30th count towards entries into the draw prizes!
Which trails count towards the challenge?
- During the month of June, record your ride on any of the following full trails that are maintained by TORCA to earn badges.
- Some trails and trail combinations are worth more badge points than others!
RIDE SAFE & COVID-19
- Enjoy your LOCAL trails responsibly during the COVID-19 pandemic to reduce the risk to yourself and others.
- Follow all local health authority directives and do not take undue risks.
- The intent of this challenge is to get outside, be active, and ride only within your means.
- If you chose to participate in this challenge, you willfully accept to do so at your own risk, and take responsibility for your actions.